Student Registration for the 2021-2022 School Year
Effective Monday, August 2, 2021:
All NEW & RETURNING Student Registration must be completed at the child's assigned campus during operating hours.
The Home Access Center (HAC) Online Student Registration System CLOSED on Saturday, July 31, 2021 and is no longer available.
HISD Centralized On-Site Student Registration Events for the 2021-2022 School YearWednesday, May 19, 2021 thru Saturday, July 31, 2021
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION:It’s NEW Student Registration time in Huntsville ISD for the 2021-2022 School Year!
Early Registration Event -An Early Enrollment event for New Students was held on Wednesday, May 19 from 4:30 PM to 7 PM at Huntsville High School located at 515 FM 2821 East.
Regular Registration Events -
Thursday, June 3 from 10 AM to 7 PM
Thursday, June 10 from 10 AM to 7 PM
Late Registration Events -
Tuesday, July 27 from 10 AM to 7 PM
Saturday, July 31 from 8 AM to 12 PM
*In Conjunction with the Community Praise Ministry Back to School Supply Giveaway event.
Centralized registration is for any new student enrolling in any grade in HISD next fall. While New Student registration is primarily for parents & guardians of NEW students to the district, we welcome any parent needing assistance with registration to attend.All on-site registration will be held at Huntsville High School in the Library. We will only be registering using paper forms which can be found in the section below. Please download and complete the appropriate registration forms in the section below ahead of time and bring them with you along with all other required enrollment documentation.Note:
Call 936-435-6300 for all student registration information. See registration flyer below for more!
- Where social distancing is not possible, we recommend wearing a face mask if you have not been fully vaccinated.
- Only 1 parent/guardian per family should attend.
- Students/other children should not attend as they will not be allowed in the building.
Beginning August 2, 2021, all New Student Registration will be handled directly at the child’s assigned campus.
RETURNING HISD STUDENT REGISTRATION:
Online Registration -
Effective June 3, 2021 - The Online Registration System in the Home Access Center (HAC) Parent portal opened for Returning HISD Students.
Online Registration for Returning HISD Students will be open in the Home Access Center (HAC) parent portal 24 hours a day through Saturday, July 31, 2021. Parents/Guardians who have not completed the online re-registration process are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. Any parent/guardian who needs assistance with the HAC online registration process is invited to complete the paper student registration forms instead and bring them with all of the required documentation to one of the scheduled Centralized New Student Late Registration events. (See scheduled dates above.)
Beginning August 2, 2021, Online Registration for Returning Students will no longer be available and registration will have to be completed at the child's assigned campus.
2021-2022 - Student Registration Packets - Required Paperwork
Enrollment Criteria & Required Documentation
UPDATED LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION:
- A official document of birth or proof of identification for your child (birth certificate must be certified, NOT hospital certificate with prints);
- The child’s shot record with doctor’s signature or public health verification. (A TB test may be required under certain circumstances.);
- The child's Social Security Card or a copy;
- Proof of Residency: Current utility (water, gas, electric) bill, deed of trust, property tax statement, or an unexpired lease agreement which shows a physical address, post office boxes excluded. (If utility bill is not in the parent/guardian name, then person listed on the utility bill must be present with ID.);
- Parent/Guardian ID or DL;
- For PreKindergarten registration, if income is your qualifying criteria, then proof of income is also required to determine eligibility. Qualification for Free/Reduced Price School Meal Program will be done in August with July's paystub.
Minimum Age Requirements for PreK & Kindergarten Enrollment:
- PreKindergarten students must be four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2021.
PreKindergarten is FREE for all students who qualify. PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF INCOME TO HELP DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY. For those students who do not qualify, affordable tuition based Pre-K is available.
**Huntsville ISD offers transportation to students, free breakfast for all students and free lunch for those who qualify.**
2021-2022 School Year - To register for School Meals or Bus Transportation, please visit those department pages as they each require an annual registration process that is separate from Student Registration.
Visit the Child Nutrition Services Department page to apply for Free or Reduced Price School Meals for your child.
Visit the Transporation Department page to request Bus Transportation for your child.
Note: Students who need to ride the bus at the start of the school year must be registered before Monday, August 2, 2021. Students not signed up and approved to ride before that deadline, will be required to wait until notification is received from Transportation sometime after the school year gets underway.