2021 BOND INFORMATION CENTER
The Huntsville ISD 2021 School Bond is a result of quality community input and careful weighing of options. The bond package derives from the work of the Long Range Master Plan committee , made up of 79 community leaders, parents, teachers, students, and local business owners representing a cross section of the district. The committee received information from the district administration and industry professionals, taking into consideration future student growth projections and the district's needs for capital projects. The committee's approved master plan was presented to the Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees on August 13, 2020. The Board approved the committee's recommendation and unanimously called for a $127,000,000 bond election at their meeting on Thursday, February 4, 2021.
2021 Bond Quick Links
FACTUAL BOND PRESENTATION VIDEO
PROPOSED GRADE ALIGNMENT
ESTIMATED TAX IMPACT (*NOTE: ZERO TAX INCREASE FOR VOTERS AGE 65+ WITH HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION)
BOND COST PER HOME VALUE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
BOND QUICK FACTS
REQUIRED POSTINGS/LEGAL NOTICES
EARLY VOTING DAILY ROSTERS - April 19-27, 2021
LIVE ELECTION RESULTS - May 1, 2021
THANK YOU HUNTSVILLE ISD VOTERS - May 7, 2021 Letter
VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Hornets, are you registered???In order to VOTE in the upcoming bond election, you must be registered to vote within the Huntsville ISD boundaries by THURSDAY, APRIL 1st!If you are a new resident of the district, be sure to update your voter registration address. Need to update your voter registration?Click here for details depending on if you've moved within the county or from another county: https://www.votetexas.gov/Not sure if you're registered? Check here: https://teamrv-mvp.sos.texas.gov/MVP/mvp.doNeed to register? Fill out an application to print & mail here: https://vrapp.sos.state.tx.usYou are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 17 years and 10 months old, and you are 18 years of age onElection Day.
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
For additional information on voting in Texas, please visit www.votetexas.gov.We encourage you and all adults residing with you including 17 year olds who will turn 18 before May 1st to get registered NOW, learn the Facts of this 2021 Bond, and then GO exercise your right to VOTE in this important Huntsville ISD Election.
SCHOOL BOARD ACTION
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
After much consideration and discussion, the Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees took the project recommendations from the Long Range Facility Plan and on Thursday, February 4, 2021, they unanimously (7-0) voted to call for a $127,000,000 Bond Election for May 1, 2021.
• PROPOSITION A – From the initial recommendation $92,000,000
• PROPOSITION B – From the approved additional athletic and fine arts projects for $35,000,000
THE PLANNING PROCESS
LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
In an effort to assess current facilities needs and plan for the future, Huntsville ISD assembled a Long Range Facility Planning Committee to review data, create and assess potential options, and make a recommendation on how to move forward to the School Board.
• 79 members - Met 7 times from February 2020 to June 2020
• Presented committee recommendation to Board of Trustees on July 16, 2020
• Board unanimously adopted the Long Range Facility Plan on August 13, 2020
• The Board approved additional items for athletics and fine arts on January 21, 2021