2021 BOND INFORMATION CENTER
The Huntsville ISD 2021 School Bond is a result of quality community input and careful weighing of options. The bond package derives from the work of the Long Range Master Plan committe, made up of 79 community leaders, parents, teachers, students, and local business owners representing a cross section of the district. The committee received information from the district administration and industry profedssionals, taking into consideration future student growth projections and the district's needs for capital projects. The committee's approved master plan was presented to the Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees on August 13, 2020. The Board approved the committee's recommendation and unanimously called for a $127,000,000 bond election at their meeting on Thursday, Feburary 4, 2021.
SCHOOL BOARD ACTION
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
After much consideration and discussion, the Huntsville ISD Board of Trustees took the project recommendations from the Long Range Facility Plan and on Thursday, February 4, 20201, they unanimously (7-0) voted to call for a $127,000,000 Bond Election for May 1, 2021.
• PROPOSITION A – From the initial recommendation $92,000,000
• PROPOSITION B – From the approved additional athletic and fine arts projects for $35,000,000
THE PLANNING PROCESS
LONG RANGE PLANNING COMMITTEE
In an effort to assess current facilities needs and plan for the future, Huntsville ISD assembled a Long Range Facility Planning Committee to review data, create and assess potential options, and make a recommendation on how to move forward to the School Board.
• 79 members - Met 7 times from February 2020 to June 2020
• Presented committee recommendation to Board of Trustees on July 16, 2020
• Board unanimously adopted the Long Range Facility Plan on August 13, 2020
• The Board approved additional items for athletics and fine arts on January 21, 2021