Welcome to Huntsville Intermediate School Clinic!
School Nurse: Diane Moedt, RN BSN
Please feel free to call, email or come by at any time to discuss your child's medication/s or health needs.
NOTE: Please refer to your Parent-Student Handbook for the Huntsville I.S.D. medication policy and additional health services information. Medication is not allowed to be brought in or taken home by students. Parents must bring the medication in to the school nurse. In order for the school nurse to administer any OTC medications it must be accompanied by a doctor's note and be in the original container.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol and/or Ibuprofen must have a doctors order in order to be administered while at school.
Please keep your child at home if he/she has:
- Bad cold (e.g. coughing, sneezing, runny nose and/or congestion not related to seasonal allergies)
- Fever of 100° F or above
- Has a suspected contagious disease
Your child should be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school; without taking any fever reducing medications e.g. Tylenol or Motrin.
Your child should be diarrhea free for 24 hours before returning to school.
Promote excellent health and hygiene practices:
- Get a good night’s sleep (7-8 hours of sleep a night)
- Eat a healthy breakfast every morning
- Bathe daily, put on clean clothes and brush or comb your hair
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds-before and after eating and after using the restroom
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
Please keep us informed:
Please keep the school office informed of any changes in address and/or telephone numbers including extensions needed to contact you if your child becomes ill or injured at school or in case of an emergency.
Thank you for your assistance in providing a safe and healthy environment for our children.