Volunteering in Huntsville ISD
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in Huntsville ISD!
We are excited for you to help us Build Champions!
We have a brand new process in place for volunteering for the 2019-2020 school year.
**Registering to volunteer is an annual process and must be renewed each school year.
Volunteer Application Process
Volunteer Application Procedures
Background Check (required)
Candidates who were previously cleared will need to re-submit their information annually within 30 days from the date they were originally cleared. **Being cleared does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity.When reporting to volunteer, make sure to bring an acceptable form of ID, sign in at the front desk, and wear your VOLUNTEER name tag that is given to you. These labels must be printed every time a volunteer reports at a Huntsville ISD building and must be returned to the front office staff upon leaving the facility. Volunteers are encouraged to self report hours using the Volunteer Portal.*We will process all applications with background checks as soon as possible.Thank you for serving the students of Huntsville ISD.
- Applicants must be cleared successfully in order to volunteer in Huntsville ISD.
- Applicants will receive an email after completing application (Raptor System).
- Applicants will receive a second email with status notification (check SPAM folder).
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES VARY BY CAMPUS NEEDS, DATES, AND OTHER VARIABLES. PLEASE REMEMBER TO SIGN IN AT YOUR APPROVED CAMPUS AS A VOLUNTEER (NOT AS A VISITOR). IF VOLUNTEERING OUTSIDE OF REGULAR SCHOOL HOURS, PLEASE CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON RAPTOR AND SELF REPORT YOUR HOURS.
- Serve as a mentor, chaperoning school trips
- Help with school work
- Monitor students during lunch
- Help the office staff
- The opportunities in how you can serve are nearly endless
For more information on our opportunities see right side menu.