5 HANDY ATTENDANCE TIPS
1. ALL students will need to be at school before the 7:43 tardy bell rings.
2. If your child(ren) misses school, is picked up early or arrives at school after 7:43, a handwritten note or dr note will need to be turned in to the office. Please sign and date note and include the date and reason for being absent or tardy.
3. All doctor notes, court documentation, funeral programs, handwritten notes and any other documentation to clear an absence, will need to be submitted to the school.
4. Have a backup plan for getting your child(ren) to school when an unexpected event occurs such as car trouble or family illness.
5. Unless there is a family emergency or illness, IT IS IMPORTANT to get your child to school ON-TIME EVERYDAY. This increases your child(ren) chances of succeeding in school.
The Compulsory Attendance and State of Texas states that a student must be present at school 90% of the school year. Students are only allowed to miss 10% of the school year, which is about 18 days(9 days per semester). If your student misses more than 18 days, there is a good chance they will not be promoted. Please monitor the days your child(ren) are absent. We would like to see 100% promotion at the end of the 2022/2023 school year. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at the information below.
Calling the school or attendance office
When calling the school or attendance office, if you are asked to leave a voice message, please leave the following information. If you need a callback, please state that in the message also: