Phone: (936) 435 - 6100 ext 1608
Degrees and Certifications:
Associate in General Studies, Lone Star CS Bachelor in Criminal Justice, SHSU 7-12 English Language Arts and Reading 4-8 ELAR, Science, Math & Social Studies K-12 English Second Language
Miss Valerie Gonzalez
My name is Valerie Gonzalez, and I am beyond excited to be continuing my career with HHS!
I began my career in education as a substitute at Mance Park, took a position as an instructional assistant in Conroe ISD, and then returned to Mance Park as a Writing teacher last year. While this is my 3rd year in the classroom, this will be my 5th in education.
I am a second generation Huntsville High School graduate, and I was lucky enough to walk the same stage as my parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and brother. It gives me great pride to be able to teach in the same halls I walked as a student, and I definitly bleed Hornet Green.
My college career began my Junior year of HS with Dual Credit classes through Lone Star. Because of these classes, I was able to graduate with a year of college done. I then went to Sam Houston to obtain my Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a minor in Psychology. I am currently pursuing my Masters of Education online while working, and I will be graduating in December from SHSU (again)! I enjoy being able to share my journey with a students and show them that the possibilities at hand are endless as long as they are willing to put in the work.
I am certified to teach 4-8 Core Subjects, 7-12 ELA, and K-12 English Second Language Learners.
Summer School 2020
I am excited to be working with the HHS summer school team this year.
This year, summer school is ONLINE through Edgenuity. It is a fairly easy platform to use once you get the hang of it.
If you are unsure of your username, please email me, and I will let you know what it is. The site is very picky about capitalization.
- There is a LOT of work on Edgenuity, and, in order to finish in time, students should be completing 40% each week of summer school. This means that one course should take them 10 summer school days.
- While the summer school week is Monday-Thursday 8a-2p, I am available via call, text or email most of the time. If you are messaging me outside of the 8a-2p hours, and I don't message back within 10 minutes, please know I will get back to you ASAP.
- Phone: (936) 666-1563
- Email: email@example.com
- Google Hangouts: Monday - Thursday 8a-2p https://meet.google.com/szo-resv-vff
Good Information to Know
- Students can only work on one course at a time.
- I do NOT get notifications for students that need retakes or need me to pass them on. It is up to the student to let me know.
- For the exam, students will need to let me know, and we will schedule an appointment. I have to proctor exams via a one-on-one Google Hangouts.