Welcome to the Stewart Elementary Learning Center! We invite students, faculty, and parents of students to check out materials from our learning center. It is our goal to create a lifelong love of reading and learning. We want to help our patrons become effective users of information.
What is the Learning Center?
- the school library
- innovative learning
What is a makerspace?
a place in which people with shared interests, especially in computing or technology, can gather to work on projects while sharing ideas, equipment, and knowledge.
Will my student be able to check out books?
Yes! They will.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade students may check out one book.
- 2nd - 4th grade students may check out two books. One should be a book on their reading level, the other may be a free choice book. (teacher's discretion)
- Items may be checked out from the library for two weeks. However, they can be renewed at anytime.
- All patrons are expected to be respectful and considerate of others in the Learning Center.
- Please remember to take good care of materials you borrow from the Learning Center. If the item becomes damaged or missing while in your care, notify the Mrs. Smock as soon as possible.
What happens if my child loses or damages a book?
We ask that you pay for the lost or damaged book. Contact Jennifer Smock in the learning center to find out the cost of the book. Please send a check or cash for the exact amount. (Include TXDL and phone number on the check please.)
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies, GT Certified, Level 1 & Level 2 Google Educator Certified, Flipgrid Certified
Mrs. Jennifer Smock
Mrs. Smock was born and raised in Huntsville, Texas. #HornetProud She graduated HHS in 2004. She went on to get her degree from SHSU in 2009 with a Bachelors of Science in Interdisiplinary Studies. #EatEmUpKats Her and her husband live in Huntsville with their 3 dogs, Shylo, Gracee, and Chunky. Mrs. Smock and her husband are a proud parents of a baby girl!