Arrival & Dismissal for Stewart Elementary
Thank you for following the procedures below to help with morning and afternoon traffic flow. The safety of our students is always the most important.
- Any changes to going home plans must be made through a note to the teacher the morning of the change.
- Any other changes to transportation must be made by 2:30PM in order to notify the teacher of changes by the end of the day. Please call the front office at 435-6700.
- Students will only be released to people listed on their student registration and/or emergency contact list.
- If your child will be a car rider, please complete the yellow car tag to place on your dashboard. This assists us in identifying your car when calling for the student.
- School opens at 7:30 for students to enter the building. Students are not allowed to be left unattended outside of the school. There is no staff on duty to supervise students until school begins at 7:30.
- You are welcome to notify the teacher you would like them to contact you during their designated conference period if you have a concern you would like to discuss.
Morning Drop Off Procedures:
- Morning Drop-Off Procedures We open the school at 7:30am each morning.
- Students may be dropped off in the front of the building or at the side entrance off of Boettcher Drive and staff will be waiting to greet them at both locations.
- If you like to walk your child into the building, we encourage you to drop them off in the entryway and say your good-byes at that time. We have found that the longer the parent stays, the harder it is to say good-bye each day. Principal Hodge and Assistant Principal Thorp will be greeting students in the hallways throughout the building.
- Parents will be allowed to walk their students to the classroom during the first two days of school. After that week, students will walk to class on their own with the supervision of teachers and staff. Staff members will be available to walk students to class if they still need assistance.
- If your student arrives at 7:55am or after, you must walk your child into the main office entrance and sign them in to receive a tardy pass, regardless of grade level. They cannot enter the building unattended if they are tardy because all staff members leave outside duty stations at 7:55 and the front doors lock at that time.
PM Car Rider Procedures:
- We have two car pool lines.
- Kinder-second grade students will be picked up in the front carpool line located in front of the building.
- Third & Fourth grade students are picked up on the side of the school at the Boettcher Drive location. You can help speed up the process by displaying or hanging your car sign from the rearview mirror. Some parents clip the sign to a pants hanger which is a creative and easy way to display the sign.
- It is important you stay in your vehicle at all times and we will bring your child to you.
- If a family has several siblings, we will have the younger siblings go and sit with their older siblings. (Ex. If a family has a first grader and a third grader, the students will sit together on the side location off Boettcher Drive. ) On a normal day we are able to run our carpool from start to finish within 15-20 minutes.
- During the first few days of school, the afternoon carpool line always runs a little longer than normal because we have an excess amount of car riders on the first few days of school. With a campus of 520 students, safety is our top priority, and we appreciate your patience on the first few days.
- Students must be a designated bus rider that has completed bus registration.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for new bus registration to begin.
- Students may not be taken off the bus once loaded.
- Students may not be picked up by parent in the bus area or at the loading dock.
- Students that live off of Boettcher Drive on the side streets are considered walkers. Please register with your child’s teacher if they will be walking.
- Parents will meet their child at the designated crosswalk at dismissal time unless otherwise noted that the student will walk home unassisted.
Thank you for your help in following our school arrival/dismissal procedures. We appreciate your understanding in the safety and security of all our students. Please contact the school at 435-6700 if you have any questions.