10 Ways to Help Children Develop Healthy Habits
- Practice Healthy Habits. Children learn by watching. If you're practicing healthy habits it will be easier to convince them to do so.
- Plan active times with the family. Take walks, ride bikes any physical activity or exercise the family can do together.
- Limit sedentary activities and snacking. Watching T.V.,video games and computer time,do not promote a cardiovascular workout.
- Find a physical activity that your children enjoy. They'll be active longer if they enjoy what they're doing.
- Be supportive, focus on your childrens successes.
- Set specific goals and set limits. An example might be, one hour of physical activity a day or two desserts a week.
- Find ways to reward good behavior,but do not use food, candy or snacks.
- Make dinner time a family time.It's a good time to develope good eating habits and share time with your family.
- Learn about what you eat by reading food labels.The whole family can learn from this.
- Stay aware of your childrens diet at school and at home. Be sure your healthcare providers
are monitoring weight and cardiovascular indicators.