Welcome to Huntsville ISD! It's a great day to be a HORNET!!!
All New Students (PreKindergarten -12th Grade)
**New students (including PreK and Kindergarten students) need to register at the HISD Administration Building, 441 FM 2821 E, during the summer months. A registration packet can be picked up at any HISD Campus or the Hawkins Administration Building. All completed packets should be returned to the HISD Administration Building, or at the centralized New Student Registration event.
This year we will be offering 2 event dates for new students to register. Both will be held in the campus Library at Huntsville High School, 515 FM 2821 E, Huntsville, TX on:
Tuesday, August 1, 2017 from 10 AM to 7 PM
Saturday, August 5, 2017 from 8 AM to 12 PM
Dates & Times subject to change.
**New Students include all brand new incoming PreKindergarten and Kindergarten students. (NOT current Gibbs PreK students.)
You may download, complete and print out the Enrollment packet (above) and return to the HISD Administration Building, or bring it to the Centralized Registration Event listed above.
UPDATED LIST OF DOCUMENTATION NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION:
- A document of birth or proof of identification for your child (certified, NOT hospital certificate);
- The child’s shot record with doctor’s signature or public health verification. (A TB test may be required under certain circumstances.);
- The child's Social Security Card or a copy;
- Proof of Residency: Current utility bill, deed of trust, property tax statement, or an unexpired lease agreement which shows a physical address, post office boxes excluded;
- Parent/Guardian ID or DL;
- For PreKindergarten registration, if income is your qualifying criteria, then proof of income is also required to determine eligibility. Qualification for Free/Reduced Price School Meal Program will be done in August with July paystub.
Minimum Age Requirements for PreK & Kindergarten Enrollment:
- Prekindergarten students must be four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2017.
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2017.