Summer Feeding Program
NOTICE: Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Due to COVID-19
Your household may be eligible to receive Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) benefits to buy food.
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is for families with children (up to age 21) who temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price meals at school during the COVID-19 pandemic.
P-EBT for the 2020–2021 school year (August 2020 to June 2021) is for families with children who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program and families with children born after Aug. 1, 2014 who receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food benefits.
P-EBT benefits can be used the same way as SNAP benefits.
P-EBT is administered by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Texas Department of Agriculture and Texas Education Agency.
The P-EBT application is now open. Visit yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT to apply(link is external). (The application link is case sensitive.)Who is Eligible?
- Students who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Students who attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2 (P2) school that offers free meals to all students.
- Children born after Aug. 1, 2014, in families who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between October 2020 and June 2021.
Who Needs to Apply?
- A parent/guardian must apply if eligible student is:
- Enrolled in K-12 and NOT part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between August 2020 and June 2021.
- Born on or before Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for the first time during the 2020–2021 school year in May or June 2021.
Outreach Materials to Share with P-EBT Eligible FamiliesDo you have questions about P-EBT?
- A parent/guardian does not have to apply if eligible student or child is:
- Born on or before Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between August 2020 and April 2021.
- Born after Aug. 1, 2014, and is part of a family who received SNAP benefits for at least one month between October 2020 and June 2021.
Summer 2021 Feeding Program - Starts Tuesday, June 1 - Thursday, July 23
SUMMER FEEDING PROGRAM:
Huntsville ISD will sponsor the Seamless Summer Meal Program for Summer 2021! Meals will be provided FREE to children ages 0-18 years old living in the Huntsville area. Children do NOT have to be enrolled in HISD to participate.
Summer feeding will begin on Tuesday, June 1 through Thursday, July 23. Grab & Go meals will be available for pick up CURBSIDE at Huntsville High School on Thursdays only from 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM. Meals will also be available throughout the week via the GREEN HORNET FOOD BUS at several designated common spots in the community! Details & bus schedule can be found below.
Children must be present to receive a free meal. To continue with recommended CDC guidelines for safety and social distancing, please stay in your vehicle and an employee from the HISD Child Nutrition Department will bring the number of meals needed to you.
*There will be NO Summer Feeding the entire week of July 5-8 due to the observation of the July 4th holiday and required maintenance.
Campus Curbside Multi-Meal Pack Drive-Thru:
Thursdays 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM
- Huntsville High School - 515 FM 2821 E
Curbside Multi-Meal Packs will include approximately a week's worth of lunch & breakfast items appropriate for students.
Green Hornet Food Bus:
The Green Hornet Food Bus delivers nutritious MEALS during the summer to a neighborhood location near you!
Monday - Thursday, ONLY @ designated bus stops listed belowMonday - Friday at the Walker County Boys & Girls Club ClubhouseGreen Hornet Bus Stop Schedule:10:45 am (Mon - Thurs) - Cogan's Grove11:30 am (Mon - Thurs) - YMCA11:55 am (Mon - Fri) - Boys & Girls Clubhouse12:20 pm (Mon - Thurs) - University Heights Baptist Church1:00 pm ( Mon - Thurs) - Riverside Baptist Church
Green Hornet meals will include lunch plus breakfast for the next day.
Links to learn more:Texas Department of Agriculture http://www.squaremeals.org/Programs/SummerFeedingPrograms.aspxUSDA’s Summer Food www.summerfood.usda.gov