Huntsville ISD Nursing Department provides nursing services that promotes students ability to learn. Our goals are to:
- Assist students in learning how to take care of their health.
- Ensure a safe environment.
- Promote good control of a student’s health condition so they are ready to learn.
Food allergies can affect a student’s ability to learn if they are not under good control. As a reminder, each year we need to have the following information for your child:
- Written food allergy action plan from your health care provider.
- Signed authorization by parent/guardian for medication and treatment at school.
In addition, adequate supplies, as listed in the student’s asthma action plan, must be provided at school:
- Medication, such as antihistamines, with physician’s order or dispensing.
- Emergency Medications (Epi-Pen).
We look forward to helping your child with food allergies be successful in school. Please feel free to contact your child’s school nurse with any questions or concerns.
See the attachments below:
- The Action Plan or Doctor's order is to be filled out and signed by the student's Healthcare Provider then returned to the nurse.
- The School Guidelines for Managing a Student with food allergies also needs a parent signature and should be returned to the nurse.