Huntsville ISD Nursing Department provides nursing services that promotes students ability to learn. Our goals are to:
- Assist students in learning how to take care of their health.
- Ensure a safe environment.
- Promote good control of a student’s health condition so they are ready to learn.
Asthma can affect a student’s ability to learn if it is not under good control. As a reminder, each year we need to have the following information for your child:
- Written asthma action plan from your health care provider.
- Signed authorization by parent/guardian for medication and treatment at school.
In addition, adequate supplies, as listed in the student’s asthma action plan, must be provided at school:
- Nebulizer machine
We look forward to helping your child with asthma be successful in school. Please feel free to contact your child’s school nurse with any questions or concerns you may have.See the attachment below:
- The Asthma Action Plan or Doctor's order is to be filled out and signed by the student's Healthcare provider then returned to the school nurse.