New Student Registration Information
Welcome to Huntsville ISD! It's a great day to be a HORNET!!!
SUMMER 2020 UPDATE:
New Student Registration is being moved to a completely ONLINE process. We anticipate the system OPENING in late June/early July.
If you have limited or no access to technology which prevents you from completing the online registration process, please submit a new student registration packet (links below). You will need to download the document to your own device to complete the form. Then print the form out and wait for further instructions from the district for our procedures for when and how to submit them once our registration process opens. Additionally, if you do not have the ability to print a packet, please contact Administration and we will be happy to arrange for a hard copy to be provided to you. All HISD campuses and buildings are still closed to the general public due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are strictly ahearing all CDC safety guidelines.
Early Enrollment for Fall 2020 - PreK/K Round Up!
PreK & Kindergarten Round Up - April 28 & May 2
CANCELLED due to COVID-19 Closure
Required Documentation for Registration
All New Students (PreKindergarten -12th Grade)
**New Students include all BRAND NEW incoming PreKindergarten and Kindergarten students. (NOT current Gibbs PreK Center students)
New Student Enrollment Packet copies can be obtained from any HISD campus during operating hours, the HISD Administration Building at 441 FM 2821 East, or downloaded from this page (links above). All completed packets should be returned to the HISD Administration Building. If you prefer, you may wait and attend the Centralized New Student Registration 2-Day Event later in the summer (dates/times TBA) for ALL New Students entering ANY grade. More information on that will be shared once confirmed.
- A official document of birth or proof of identification for your child (birth certificate must be certified, NOT hospital certificate with prints);
- The child’s shot record with doctor’s signature or public health verification. (A TB test may be required under certain circumstances.);
- The child's Social Security Card or a copy;
- Proof of Residency: Current utility (water, gas, electric) bill, deed of trust, property tax statement, or an unexpired lease agreement which shows a physical address, post office boxes excluded. (If utility bill is not in the parent/guardian name, then person listed on the utility bill must be present with ID.);
- Parent/Guardian ID or DL;
- For PreKindergarten registration, if income is your qualifying criteria, then proof of income is also required to determine eligibility. Qualification for Free/Reduced Price School Meal Program will be done in August with July's paystub.
Minimum Age Requirements for PreK & Kindergarten Enrollment:
- Prekindergarten students must be four (4) years old on or before September 1, 2020.
- Kindergarten students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, 2020.
PreKindergarten is FREE for all students who qualify. PLEASE BRING PROOF OF INCOME TO HELP DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY. For those students who do not qualify, affordable tuition based PreK is available.
**Huntsville ISD offers transportation to students, free breakfast for all students and free lunch for those who qualify.**