Hornet Success Academy - AEP
"An Alternative Choice to the High School Experience"
"A Program of Choice"
Hornet Success Academy
Huntsville Independent School District offers the Hornet Success Academy (HSA) program to any Huntsville High School students at risk of not succeeding in the traditional high school setting. Students accepted to the Hornet Success Academy complete their remaining high school credits through blended instruction comprised of direct teach with a certified teacher and Edgenuity which is a web-based computer program.
The Hornet Success Academy is located on the campus of Huntsville High School.
Admission into this program is by application, only. (see below).
There is NO deadline to apply; applications will be accepted and reviewed as openings become available.
The program will operate on a flexible day schedule with each student's schedule being designed to meet their own individual needs.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Hornet Success Academy Application
A hard copy of the application can also be picked up at Huntsville High School from the HSA Administrative Assistant.
All completed applications should be turned into Huntsville High School c/o Lori Gibbs or emailed to email@example.com
Please direct all HSA questions to the HSA Counselor, Lori Gibbs at 936-435-6121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Admission
Priority will be given to those listed below:
- HHS Seniors who did not graduate during the 2020-2021 school year;
- HHS Students with extenuating or unusual circumstances that prevent them from attending traditional classes;
- HHS 4th year students who will not graduate through the traditional high school program within 1 year;
- HHS 3rd year students who will not graduate through the traditional high school program within 2 years.
Students Considered for Program
Any student who qualifies under one of the At-Risk factors listed below:
- Retained at least once in a prior grade
- Failed 2 or more core subjects during a semester in preceding or current school year or is not maintaining a 70 in 2 or more subjects in the current semester
- Was previously reported to PEIMS as a dropout
- Failed 1 or more subjects on the last STAAR test
- Is/Was placed in DAEP/AEP (preceding or current year)
- Is/Was expelled in preceding or current school year
- Is currently in custody of care of Dept. of Family and Protective Services or has in current school year been referred to DFPS
- Is currently on parole, probation, deferred prosecution, or other conditional release
- LEP student
- Resided in preceding or current year in a residential placement facility in the district, including a foster group home
Students Not Eligible
- Students who are not classified as at-risk.
- Students who want to graduate early.
- Students who are persistent discipline problems.
- Students who are on track to graduate through the traditional high school setting.
- Students who are not currently enrolled at Huntsville High School.