Huntsville ISD is working closely with our emergency management team to monitor the current weather conditions and storm forecasts. In the event of a school closure, delay start, early release, or any other change in our schedule, the district WILL notify parents as soon as a decision can be made.
Huntsville ISD will use the following channels to communicate:
- Official Huntsville ISD facebook page: @HuntsvilleIndependentSchoolDistrict
- Official Huntsville ISD Twitter account: @HISDHornets
- KSAM 101.7 FM radio station
- The Huntsville Item newspaper
- Other local & surrounding area radio & TV news stations
- The district's mass parent notification system (call & email to parent contact information on file for each student - please be sure the campus has the most current phone & email address for you!)
- This district website www.huntsville-isd.org
Our preferred choice will always be to make a decision early and to notify parents as far in advance as we possibly can; however, some decisions simply can't be made early and must wait until the Huntsville ISD Transportation Department has the opportunity to evaluate road conditions for bus travel and safety for our district.
We DO plan to send out notification sometime later today regarding our plans for Monday, August 28. Stay connected to us for updates that impact Huntsville ISD.